Personal Alcohol Licence Consultants - Applications Submitted

Tel: 07771 540066
UK advisors on licensing requirements

Personal Alcohol Licence Service

Personal licence requirements to sell alcohol

Personal Licence Applications

In accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 any premises where alcohol is to be sold or supplied must have a person named on the premises licence as the designated premises supervisor (DPS). A personal licence enables the holder to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol. A DPS must be the holder of a personal licence. Best practice suggests the DPS ought to be the person who is day to day charge of running the business. Best Practice however is not a legal requirement.

In order to obtain a personal licence, an application must be made to the Local Authority in which the applicant lives (not works). Before the application is lodged the applicant must pass a one day accredited APLH course/exam. RB Retail & Licensing Services Limited can help you with the entire procedure from start to finish.

Personal Licence Application Procedure

RB Retail & Licensing Services Limited can assist with organising other nationally accredited courses either at our own venues throughout England and Wales or at your own premises (terms & conditions apply). Please ask for details.

The courses include:

Internal Training

Training Workshops for 2+ staff can be undertaken at your premises or another suitable venue nearby. The Client can select from an extensive range of topics that can be altered to suit specific needs. This is essential work undertaken on behalf of clients who have, for whatever reason, fallen foul of licensing legislation and have now found themselves in dialogue with the Local Authority and require a "back to basics" approach taken with regard to their internal licensing compliance training systems and procedures.

Should an alcohol licensing problem arise, e.g. failing a test purchase – the key is to react immediately and positively. Do not assume the problem will go away of its own accord - they rarely do. Call for help.

External Presentations

seminar and training for personal alcohol licence applications

Richard has also presented to various nationally recognised trade bodies, multinational company road shows and conferences. He has also written various articles on alcohol retailing for magazines connected with the licensed retail sector.

Richard would be delighted to present licensing updates to your organisation. Please phone for details.


Please call Richard Baker with any questions you may have.

07771 540066 or email us HERE

federation of small business logo
institute of licensing logo
visa logo
visa electron logo
mastercard logo
maestro logo
jcb logo